I insist on saying I was never happy about my birthday, that sudden attention for something so…normal. It was just the day I came to this world to take it over. Hey guys, this is mine now, thank you very much and no I don#t want to eat, oh I see this red line trough my life, but today not! I am the queen and as a real adult queen I invited my best friends over for some children games, pizza, laughing, party hats, my kind of music and – of course, darling – a delicate piece of cake (imagine that last part like a true British toffee nosed lady).
My way of having a happy birthday (not those sad ones I was used to celebrating):
- if you drink alcohol or not, invite your friends for a party
- play board games like in the good old days
- celebrate your 18th birthday (or any really) like a child, pictures from today will be up soon, so you can have that 8- year old melancholy)
- eat a chocolate cake
- buy yourself some flowers
- tell everyone beforehand that on that day IT IS YOUR FUCKING BIRTHDAY so no-one can forget
- invite your friends even tough they live someway away, don’t think you don’t deserve them taking a train and visiting you for your special day
- friendship rests upon giving and taking
- buy party hats and sweets for the guests and also a crown for yourself
It’s my day today and this is the first time in years, that I am sincerely exited for it, I really hope this is going to be a fun evening!